In Backdrop tip #1, I will be explaining the basics of a backdrop and why you need one that is properly designed.
I want you to be able to learn as much as you can about style and decor. This is why I created this Entrepreneurial community, where you can learn tips on creating a space that makes you feel confident, creative and therefore HAPPIER.
Let´s begin with a new activity that will be this week´s topic:
Are you ready to take your workspace and backdrop to the next level?
Last week we spoke about the importance of creating an environment that not only brings out the best in you in order to perform at your max potential, but also how that environment is your visiting card (think of it as your visual About me page) in front of your clients, potential clients and audience.
Today we will learn what is a backdrop and why you need one.
So, what exactly is a Backdrop?
In today´s business world entrepreneurs are asked to get in front of their audience and potential clients on a daily basis. Facebook live, webinars, videos and courses make this type of communication the new, most important marketing and communication tool.
When you are on camera, there is a space around and behind you that has to be properly designed in order to become a powerful marketing tool and so that it portrays a professional image of you and your business. It has the purpose of completing and enhancing your message on —-> a visual and emotional way* . (*We will learn about these forms of communication over the next weeks).
—> A backdrop is the area behind and around you that viewers can see when you are on camera.
—> It is a very powerful communication and marketing tool.
To be able to portray your knowledge, your business style and your expertise, you should be displaying a professional and stylish backdrop that communicates all this.
So if you are doing any kind of streaming, recording videos, skyping or any other online activity that requires you to be on camera, YOU NEED A BACKDROP.
Over the following weeks we will learn what types of backdrops work best for each field or business but for today, here´s what I want you to do:
Answer these questions:
– Are you doing live streams, videos and so on?
– Are you always recording at the same spot? If not, how many do you use?
– Sit yourself (or stand if you usually record in this position) in front of the space you use to make your videos. Take a picture of that area with you in it.
– Post it in the comments or Join our facebook group where you can get even more help. Don´t be shy, we are here to learn, not compete. You don´t have to do this if you don´t want to, but it is a great way of seeing the before and after and for me to be able to assess you along the way.
– Be honest, analyse that area, does it show what your business is about? Does it give any insight on your personality or style? No judgement at this point, just an objective observation, that´s all.
Over the next few days I will give you tips on what you need to have in your backdrop, that is one of my favourite sessions with clients, it is so much fun!
In the meantime, have a stylish day,
If you would like to learn more on Backdrops, get my book. The price will be going up very soon, grab at this insane price today!
Get your FREE Video Course when you sign up to our newsletter.